Welp, the wait is over (for those of you who were waiting for it anyway); People announced the Sexiest Man Alive (this may be old news to some, but I’m usually behind on “People” news). And the winner is not Ryan Gosling as ladies all over the world wanted, but Channing Tatum. Where’d he come from? I’ve never really found him attractive, he’s sort of meat heady and has a thumb-like quality. It seems there are many women out there disappointed by this news. But, you know, good for him. It’s a silly magazine anyway. Just for kicks here are some dudes I think are “sexier”. Maybe next year fellas!
Note: These are in no particular order.
1. Ryan Gosling: Two years in a row he was robbed of the title and the ladies are NOT happy and they have every right to be. He’s a great actor, I enjoy most of what he’s done; though I’ll never be a Notebook fan, sorry I can’t do it. He’s extremely handsome, it’s like he’s photo shopped! He looks great in a suit, and he’s Canadian, eh.
Bonus points: Gosling is currently filming a movie with Rooney Mara (Best known as The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo), whom I also love.
2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt: Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a lot going for him. He’s another great actor with two Christopher Nolan movies under his belt who can dress well, can also sing, and (DARK KNIGHT RISES SPOILER ALERT), he’s Robin! But what I admire most is his dedication to creating. hitRECord.org is a site he founded where people all over the world can contribute and collaborate to all sorts of projects, from drawing to film, to writing, to music. His passion is sexy.
3. Nathan Fillion: They don’t call him Captain Tight Pants for nothing. Captain Malcolm Reynolds is one of the sexiest nerds alive. He’s just a lovable goofball! I love watching him do Firefly panels at Comic Conventions, and even ten years later he still gets emotional about his time on board Serenity. He warms the hearts and weakens the knees of nerds everywhere. Plus, he, too, is Canadian. Gorram shiny.
4. Zach Levi: Here’s another nerdy guy who has charmed his way into my nerdy heart. Probably best known as Chuck (another show that went the way of Firefly, cancelled far too soon, if you ask me) Zach Levi’s eyes seem to stare straight into your soul, they are such an awesome shade of dreamy brown. His dedication to all things nerd is also highly attractive, his site thenerdmachine.com serves as an online community for nerd culture. Nathan Fillion is a celebrity supporter.
5. Daniel Craig: While we’re on the subject of eyes, have you seen Daniel Craig’s? He is one of, if not the best James Bond ever. He can wear the heck out of a suit on screen and in real life. His English accent, the best of the accents, is just the icing on the cake. But he’s more than just Bond, James Bond. He’s also Mikael Blomkvist in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and even without the mega muscles, he’s still crazy good looking. You just can’t hide those baby blues behind glasses. (Quick side note: Mr. Craig, if you could light a fire under David Fincher and get The Girl Who Played With Fire rolling, a whole lot of people would appreciate it. We’re waiting for another “feel bad movie of Christmas”, thanks!)
Probably one of the most iconic scenes in Bond history almost wasn’t. The script originally called for Bond to be swimming in the ocean and only visible from the neck up. Luckily Craig hit a sand bar, forcing him out of the water and they kept the shot. Thank you Sand Bar.
Ryan Gosling AND Daniel Craig? Rooney Mara has great taste in co-stars…
6. Alexander Skarsgard: This fella and his inability to keep his shirt on is the only reason I still watch True Blood. But I also like his eyes and his voice.
7. Michael Fassbender: Continuing down the line of well dressed men with nice eyes and even nicer accents (are you beginning to notice a pattern?), Michael Fassbender has one of the best smiles, and jawlines, around. He also has a great sense of humor, as witnessed at the MTV Movie Awards where Charlize Theron beat him up on stage.
Bonus Points: He is also starring in the previously mentioned Rooney Mara/Ryan Gosling project. I cannot wait for that to come out. Again, girl’s got taste.
8. Jon Hamm: His Don Draper is so smooth and charming, it’s hard not to swoon. Real life Jon Hamm is equally swoon worthy. Whether he’s “killing it” hosting Saturday Night Live, or guest-starring on 30 Rock, Hamm looks good and his charisma is hard to beat.
9. Colin Meloy: Colin Meloy is probably the least well known of the bunch, but one of the most talented. The front man for The Decemberists is one of my favorite lyricists of all time. The way he can tell a story within the songs is nothing short of brilliant. I’ve seen The Decemberists perform three times, and each time there is the same level of energy and passion. And those side burns and glasses and those suits…
10. Stephen Colbert: Stephen Colbert is another nerd after my heart. He’s a big Tolkien Fan, fluent in Elvish which is totally rad. He sings, he writes, he’s hilarious, and, based off The Colbert Report, he doesn’t take himself too seriously. He was also voted #69 on Maxim Magazine’s Top 100 Women. What more could you want?